speed tuning

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 15:10:43 -0600

Hi Les,

   Unless I'm mistaken, this is your first post. Correct? Anyway, welcome
to the list. I see you got my message.
   Bonker? I always thought that was what happened after spending the day
tuning in small practice rooms with no soundproofing (went bonkers). :-)

Avery

>  I also made a "bonker" out of two hammers.  I tune
>my temperament, then "bonk" each note. Then I bonk each note after I've
>done my octaves.  Then I use the bonker to do unisons.  Actually, that
>allows me to stand when tuning a studio piano, giving less arm strain,
>and with the sharper blows of the bonker, I think my tunings stabilize
>better.
>
>Now I haven't been at this for decades, so I may be crazy!
>
>Leslie Bartlett M. Mus

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston