Terminology (was Re: speed tuning)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 15:25:15 -0600

Barrie,

   Terminology again. By "half note it" do you mean just going up aurally a
half step at a time? That's basically the way I do my first chipping after
a restringing job.
   BTW, we have Christopher Elton from London doing a Masterclass and a
recital here on March 4th. He's the Head of Keyboard Studies at the Royal
Academy of Music in London. Do you (or anyone else) know anything about
him? Just curious.

Avery

>Every so often take the tension off the back and half note it starting
>by setting all your "A"s to pitch.   Starting at the base if you are
>left handed or the top treble if you are right handed,  and half note
>the
>piano.  The "A"s are there to make sure you don't go too sharp or that
>you are not pulling it up enough.  I can half note a piano in 12 minutes
>on a good day.  I don't have perfect pitch.
>
>Regards,
>
>Barrie.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music