"double striking" problem

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 16:31:49 -0600

List,

   My sincere thanks to the many who responded to by double striking post.
I'll probably post a "revisited" message later, but I want to explore
several things mentioned in your posts first.
   One thing mentioned that had not occurred to me was the pinning/friction
in the balancier lever. I want to check that out. There were definitely a
few very consistent notes which would almost always bounce back.
   Also the pianist playing through let-off might also have contributed. He
almost always plays music by Debussy, Ravel, etc. which usually calls for
some very controlled, soft playing.
   More later and thanks again.

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT