900 crickets

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 22:25:11 -0500 (EST)

Guy;
"Thanks for the opportunity,
				Guy"
 Seems like you are the one with the opportunity Guy !
When you say striking while moving the action out that there was a reduction
of the crickets, I am assuming you meant in volume and not in pitch
range-correct?
 This would indicate to me that the problem is more than likely a sympathetic
vibration from something other than the string/plate system.
ques. 1. Did you try to reproduce the sound by striking the soundboard with
your
             hand ?  If so what happened?
         2. Did you try to reproduce the sound by striking the plate with
your hand?
              If so what happened?
         3. Did you try to reproduce the sound by striking the bridge with
your hand?
              If so what happened?
I know you said you checked all the usual suspects and I will assume that you
have ruled out a. the locking nuts on the pedal rods and b. the underlever
frame  spring.
Hmmm.......... gonna cogjutate on this one a while, meanwhile someone else
will probably have the answer.
Jim Bryant (FL)