900 crickets

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 22:05:59 -0600

At 10:25 PM 2/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Guy;
>"Thanks for the opportunity,
>				Guy"
> Seems like you are the one with the opportunity Guy !
>When you say striking while moving the action out that there was a reduction
>of the crickets, I am assuming you meant in volume and not in pitch
>range-correct?
Yes, reduction in volume of noise.
 This would indicate to me that the problem is more than likely a sympathetic
>vibration from something other than the string/plate system.
>ques. 1. Did you try to reproduce the sound by striking the soundboard with
>your
>             hand ?  If so what happened?
whoops, pressed, didn't strike.
>         2. Did you try to reproduce the sound by striking the plate with
>your hand?
Yes, no result.
>              If so what happened?
>         3. Did you try to reproduce the sound by striking the bridge with
>your hand?
Hands are too tender, used screwdriver, no result.
>              If so what happened?
>I know you said you checked all the usual suspects and I will assume that you
>have ruled out a. the locking nuts on the pedal rods and b. the underlever
>frame  spring.
Gonna double-check underlever stuff. Don't really think so, but, who knows?
>Hmmm.......... gonna cogjutate on this one a while, meanwhile someone else
>will probably have the answer.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Muchas Gracias. Back to work...
		Thanks,