Verdigris

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 08:10:06 -0500 (EST)

Tim, Tim, Tim!

<<Fred Drasche presented a seminar in Chicago and mentioned using
wood grain alcohol (burbon) on verdigris. >>
 As a pruad Suthner, student of substances alcohol (in a past life), former
resident of the Great State of Kaintucky, and staaunce supporter of the Union
as it stands; I Sir do dearly hope that what you are speaking of is the foul,
tainted mixture that ruins mens minds and destroys happy homes and not the
sweet elixir that warms a mans heart and allows convivial conversation and
commerce among even the most brutish.
  While I hesitate to bring up the recent past unpleasantness, I must point
out to you Sir that Fred Drasche, as respected and admired for all of his
work as he is, is a Yankee Sir!!  Everyone with a respectable rearing up
knows that to use a mellow, smooooth, Sour Mash Bourbon for the crude
purposes of piano work would be a sacrilege and I must stronglllly protest
SIR! I do so hope that you will gather thee at thy local Apothecary and
obtain some straight Wood Grain Alcohol or use that obnoxious mixture known
as 'GIN'. The sweet hallowed mixture of Bourbon, even in its crudest forms,
contains a level of salts and sugars that will eventually cause their own
sets of problems.

>From the Sutherrn lexicon
VERDIGRIS- Foul growth developed by an unstable "Yankee Apothercarian for
culturing in mechanisms of fine use. Widely used in the piano industry by
devious "Yankee engineers to provide income for their granchildren when they
become piano technicians.
Jim Bryant (FL)