I was weak & agreed to tune a birdcage...

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 00:33:16 -0600

You are putting some of us in a bind with the salutation "Birdcage
experts".   Your "weakness"  might be more  common  though, than you
expect.
 I gave up servicing them long before I became an expert on them.
The problem
was they broke down from the effort to tune and repair them,
especially when raising (3 to 4 half steps) to pitch.  I did see a
Bechstein birdcage,
or was it a Bluthner? that was kind of decent.
	Anyhow, the action on your birdcage might slide out with the
keyboard.  Remove keyblocks, and front rail and inspect for hold down
screws and guide blocks.  As far as no front rail felts, there must
be a hold down (or rear "thump rail" if  you will) near or behind the
action.
....or some one spilled bourbon and the mice chewed happily away.  ::
}}

R Moody (from tuning too many, birdcages that is)

----------
> From: MHoffman11@aol.com
> To: multiplerecipientsoflist <pianotech@byu.edu>
> Subject: I was weak & agreed to tune a birdcage...
> Date: Monday, February 17, 1997 7:46 PM

 portions shipped -- rm

> Hello Birdcage experts!
>
> In a fit of insanity, I agreed to tune a birdcage for a regular
customer.  , 85-note affair.  It
HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THE
&%#$@