I was weak & agreed to tune a birdcage...

MHoffman11@aol.com MHoffman11@aol.com
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 20:05:24 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the help on this critter.

I just haven't had the chance to learn about these pianos...I've only seen
three in my fourteen years/11,000+ piano "service encounters".  They're
certainly quirky, and I would have wasted several hours figuring out that you
have to remove the keybed to get the action out!

And it does have a "thumper" in the back.  Learn somethin' new every day.

By the way, where does one find these nuggets of information besides this
great newsgroup?  I'd consider buying a book about birdcages, but it's
quicker and easier to ask someone in England!  What a wonderful time to be
alive, eh?  (Also, it will probably be another eight years before I run into
another "beastie";  they're quite rare in my area ).

In any case, thanks to all for the help.

Stay Tuned,

Mike Hoffman, RPT
Marquette, MI