Spinet action removal

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:16:10 -0600

At 11:31 PM 2/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Larry,
>Like what you had to say about the spinet actions.  They are difficult, but
>do-able.  Not everyone can afford a fine quality instrument, but that doesn't
>mean they should only be able to get beginner technicians to work for them.
> I am a beginning tech and one of my first jobs was replacing all those donut
>grommet in a 20+ year Baldwin spinet.  It was tedious and time consuming and
>didn't net me a big profit. But, the person I repaired it for was extremely
>grateful and I got a hug in addition to my fee.  The piano was the only one
>she had and therefore was precious to her.
>
>Karen Johnson
>Rochester, MN

 Karen,
	Good for you. I agree that hugs are great partial payment. I took the nut
off of my hammer shank cleaner-scraper thing with the three pointy fingers
that fits in a combination handle, and put it in my drill-driver to remove
grommets/nuts all at once without having to fit a nut driver on to the
hapless misshapen thing. Saves time, increases profit, rescues spinets.
			Guy Nichols,RPT