Fallboard Locks

Wed, 19 Feb 1997 21:44:12 -0800

Richard,

Sorry, but true.

About two weeks now.

Truly, the end of an era.

Sort of like aural tuners...

and such...

Anyway, the dead (pardon, Herb would approve) giveaway was the recent
Pullet Surprise...seldom happens to folks who are young enough to be truly
obnoxious about it.

The Chron has been running some commemorative columns.  Sort of like
reading Slonimsky or Shaw, a certain flair, backed by solid scholarship (of
varying sorts).

Lots of Vitamin V consumed in his honor...75 cent martoonis, much dancing,
large numbers of quiet walks along "Herb Caen Way", which stretches from
the Ferry Building around to the Warf (yes, the one past Pier 39), his son
wrote a column I'll try to find if you're interested - the kind of way I'd
like Andy to remember me, someday...

So, folks, once again, it's bleeding heart time from Bagdhad-By-The-Bay -
where three dot will not die, at least as long as I can reach a keyboard...

Best to all.

Horace

At 11:23 PM 2/19/97 -0600, you wrote:
>> but then, now, both Herb Caen and Walter Winchell are gone...
>
>Oh NO.  I didn't hear about Herb Caen...no obit... not yet,,, ???
>
>Richard Moody   :..(... ...
>

>----------
>> From: Horace Greeley <hgreeley@leland.Stanford.EDU>
>> To: pianotech@byu.edu
>> Subject: Re: Fallboard Locks
>> Date: Wednesday, February 19, 1997 9:34 PM
>>

>> but then, now, both Herb Caen and Walter Winchell are gone...
>>
>> so, who does the obit for three dot?
>>
>> Best.
>>
>> Horace

Horace Greeley

"Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side,
	and it holds the Universe together...:

			-	Carl Zwanzig
Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu