discovering wit;

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 20:04:50 +0000

> Date:          Thu, 20 Feb 1997 18:41:25 -0500 (EST)
> From:          JIMRPT@aol.com
> Subject:       Re: discovering wit;
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

JIm,

Often the friction is between the plate felt/cloth and the piano
wire.  Usually on older instruments.  You feel the pin move but
the pitch doesn't budge until bang and then back the other way,
bang. etc.  Protech really helps!  It evaporates and leaves its
little SECRET ingredients on the felt.

ilvey, RPT
Pacifica, CA
> Ed;
> In a message dated 2/20/97 8:43:42 AM, you wrote:
> <<The "notch" was caused not by the agraffe, but by the
> corrosion,(I suppose) on the felt.  It took six drops per trichord, but the
> piano had never tuned so easily before.  >>
>
> Ed did you not put any on the agraffes? on the bearing bar?
> I have a KAWAI on, as Barrie says, my rounds that is a bear to tune, but I
> have never tried putting it on the plate felt.
> Jim Bryant (FL)

ilvey, RPT
Pacifica, CA