chit chat

SGrossner@aol.com SGrossner@aol.com
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 03:59:51 -0500 (EST)

I have enjoyed the dialogue in the journal quite a bit and decided to see
what was going on in the world of e-space. The only misfortune for me that I
can see is that I end up downloading alot of stuff that is immaterial to me.
Perhaps that comes with the territory. I suspect so. Ideally, I would love it
if was restricted to technical matters. But it can be borne out so long as
one out of 20 posts say, actually are of technical interest. Perhaps if
people want to rap to each other, they could send the stuff to each other
personal and keep this educational. Within reason of course, why be sterile.
A fine line probably. So here's something technical. Beware of the little
brass leaf springs on the jacks of older mason hamlin uprights. Their intent
is to speed up repetition by bending against the catcher. They tend to hang
up on the catchers of new brass rail butts. The key doesn't repeat readily.
Head to bend in quite a few today. By the way, is it my imagination or has
the quality of upright brass rail butts gone down recently? I for one am
surprised that I have to pin them. The pins that come with them now are
little more than ornamental. Way too loose. (too-loose, Latrec). So I guess
we have to buy a set of center pins along with them now. Anyway-glad there is
a scene here. It is a good thing nonetheless.  Regards: Sam Grossner- Chicago