SAT question

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:46:47 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-02-19 17:19:16 EST, Gina wrote:

<< only then will I have enough
 information to explain their options of tuning the piano to A440 or to the
 organ's A, where ever it is. >>

OK - I can but that, but here's a new wrinkle:
  Just a couple of weeks ago I tuned a church piano that they wanted tuned to
their new excellent quality electronic organ (Allen). When I checked out the
A4 on the organ, I discovered that two of the three keyboards were identical,
(4 cents sharp), but the third manual was 7 cents different than the other
two. They had to make some quick phone calls to have acommittee meeting to
decide which A they wanted the piano tuned to. Democracy ruled - 2 out of 3
keyboards wins!

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA