Tech hints

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 19:04:18 -0800

Vanderhoofven wrote:

> when finances
> permit, I intend to get a real glue pot, then I won't have to mess with all
> of this!
David,

My "real glue pot" started leaking due iron filings in the glue that
reacts to the aluminum liner by electrolysis. (The same problem that
aluminum boats have) About the time I was ready to order a new liner, I
read Spurlocks article about key rebushing and attended a seminar at
convention he gave.  He was using an old coffee perculator with a
perforated tin can inside to support his glass jars.  I went and did
likewize and my poor old glue pot has been permanently retired.  The
percolator boils until the water's hot then holds a steady 142 degrees.
You can pick up old percolators at junk shops and flea markets for
$2-3.  I've got two of them now!

I like the thermometer idea.

Sincerely

Warren

Something to ponder:
If you throw a cat out a car window does it become kitty litter?
--
Warren D. Fisher
fish@communique.net