Maps

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:45:37 +0000

> Date:          Sat, 22 Feb 1997 15:04:10 -0500 (EST)
> From:          lesbart@juno.com (Leslie W Bartlett)
> Subject:       Re: Maps
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

> Help!  Will you tell me more about PVA  Resin w???????????????????????
>

> I despise hide glue because of the odor which constantly reminds me of
> slowly cooking, relatively rotton flesh.

You are not using a high grade of hide glue.  I have very little
odor and actually enjoy the little smell it has.  Of course I am
not a vegetarian by any means.  A top grade hide glue should
be light yellow, not dark.  I love hide glues guick setting,
whichcan be controlled with urea, which means it doesn't soak
in too far into cloth etc.  Check with Schaff, PianoTek and
others about their hide glue quality and does it smell etc.

ilvey, RPT
Pacifica, CA

> Would appreciate more information.
>
> Thanks