Desertion Under Fire

Charles K. Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 19:20:43 -0600

Dear Jim,

At the possible risk of committing yet another faux pas, I am sending a
copy of this plea to the list.  The reason is that you have been such an
important member of our group for some time that your threatened departure
cannot pass without comment and remonstration.

In short, speaking, of course, for myself, I am appealing to you to
reconsider your decision to unsubscribe.  With your military background, I
expect you to show more courage than this under fire.

I can tell you that I have been the recipient of many vile and despicable
attacks upon my person and character....some of which are not even true!!
Yet, I have persevered.

Seriously, the person who questioned the propriety of your previous post
was speaking only for himself, as you have seen.  I, for one, greatly value
your contributions to the list, and will really miss your wisdom and wit,
should you persist in this decision.

Most sincerely,

Charles

Charles Ball