battle of the archives apparently won

hbj@cableinet.co.uk hbj@cableinet.co.uk
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:40:18 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks everyone on the list for your suggestions.
As I have posted to some privately, I find the web inconvenient. So I
persevered with  the problem.
I followed the suggestion in one of the error messages:
If you need to talk to a person, please send mail to paul_malquist@byu.edu.
He responded with the appropriate solution, here it is.
If you want a file from the archive, you need the index. You do this by
typing in a mail message:
after the subject line
type index pianotech
This will bring down an index of all the files. But what isn't clear is
that the path name isn't displayed in each file name.
Thus, for example:
the file which is listed in the index as:
pianotech.171.96 is the file itself.
You must also specify the archive directory which is pianotech.
The file in order to be gotten  must be called as follows within the body of the
message:
get pianotech pianotech.171.96
Well I am keeping this message somewhere safe, I'll probably need to
refer to it again.
I'll never remember this.
So I hope someone else can make use of this capability, it's a good one.
                 regards

Net-Tamer V 1.08.1 - Registered