Teardrop Knuckle Question

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 22:11:18 -0600 (CST)

>...Now, one minor question. Is there an "official" reference point to
>regulate the jack position (front to back) under the knuckle with
>"tear-drop" type knuckles? Or would the best way be to just regulate it
>forward until it escapes under pressure (holding the hammer down while
>pressing on the key)
>then moving it back slightly?
>   For once, just a simple question :-) that anyone with experience on this
>type of knuckle can answer.
>   Thanks.
>
>Avery

This is most likely the old Howard knuckle type.  To the best of my
knowledge the regulation adjustment is relatively the same as a round
knuckle.  Line up the back side of the jack with the wood core edge in the
pear-shaped knuckle.

I have done this, however, I am unable to support this relationship with
actual resource material.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician