Chinese P3?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:40:35 -0500 (EST)

Yesterday I tuned a Yamaha P3 for a Chinese family who just moved here from
Taiwan, and brought their piano with them. This piano, to put it bluntly,
looks terrible. The hammer moldings are brown, the damper rod is bent, keys
are warped, tuning pin torque is not uniform, to name just a few of the
problems. Even the finish is not what have seen on other P3's.

The lady told me the piano was tuned and inspected just before they left
Taiwan, but the problems I saw were not "moving" damage. Most of the problems
are just bad manufacturing. I have seen some mainland China pianos, mostly
from the Pearl River Factory, and this piano could fit right in.

Does anyone know if Yamaha has a manufacturing plant in Taiwan, or mainland
China? The serial number started with a T.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis