damper felts

Arnold.Schmidt@BBS.delta.com Arnold.Schmidt@BBS.delta.com
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:50:44 -0400 (EDT)

PI> List,

PI>Tom Seay wrote "Grand dampers - you gotta' love 'em!"

PI>A little bit of history concerning the word Dampers.  At first they
PI>when the piano was invented they were called Pers.  And when the
PI>first piano technician work on the Pers the word Dam was added.  So
PI>from that day on they were called those DamPers.

PI>Richard Bittner (I am making this up)

Or, as they told us in a joking manner at The Piano Hospital, if the
dampers work, leave the damn pers alone.  But you have to admit, most
people will notice stuff like this a lot more quickly than they will
notice that you tuned the temperament exactly right, or stretched those
octives exactly so.  Unfortunate!