PIN DOPE!

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 13:29:42 -0700 (MST)

Here is an alternate opinion

Use the rubbing alcohol.  The water is beneficial.  The block is starving
for water, that's why the pins are loose.  The water gives you immediate
results.  Otherwise you have to wait until the humid weather comes to get
any beneficial results from the dope in the first place.  Even add some
water (you be the judge of how much).  The alcohol helps deliver the water
to the cells, and the glycerine helps keep it there.  I don't buy the
theory that dope ruins the pinblock.  It is already ruined. The dope wil
in many cases give you years of good service.  "Don't throw the baby
<grand> out with the 'pinblock' water."

Jim Coleman, Sr.