PIN DOPE!

KTorres280@aol.com KTorres280@aol.com
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:59:16 -0500 (EST)

What about rusting the pins? The plate? I believe that while some pinblocks
may fail from drying out, most of the ones I have come across were just not
very good to begin with (poor quality wood, not seasoned, etc.) or simply
worn-out (I have come across old pianos that were tuned frequently throughout
their life and just as a screw in a piece of wood that has been retightened
often will eventually strip the fibres of the wood, a tuning pin does the
same thing on a much smaller scale of course