Soundboard cracks

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:50:35 +0000

Greetings list,

	I've been working with this problem for some time: I've done a
soundboard separation repair and I have a crack to fill on the board
itself. Some can be done using maple wedges, but smaller, more
elusive cracks I fill with a G2 epoxy (fairly elastic but strong,
used for laminating tennis rackets or X-country skis.)
	My questions are thus: what other gap-filling methods are used? What
other repairs are out there? Something that is effective, long
lasting, and strong. I like the epoxy fill, but it is messy and time
consuming.

Any replies would be appreciated,

Rob Kiddell
R.P.T., P.T.G.