Computer use in piano service businesses

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sun, 01 Jun 1997 10:30:24 -0700

Hello to you all,
	For my upcoming class in Orlando, I am in the process of compiling
a sampling of the varied ways we, as piano techs, use our computers
for business purposes.  Since this List represents some of the more
computer literate members of our unique trade, I believe you can
provide me with many creative "methods of work" for such things as
keeping customer records, bookkeeping, word processing needs of all
sorts, shop work records, newsletters, etc. (I will be not be
covering
Internet/www and modem use for this class.)
	I know what has and has not worked for me personally, but I would
love to offer various ideas to
beginners who can benefit from seeing that, as in repairing pianos,
there are as many different ways to get the same task done as there
are people to do it.  Please email me privately if you'd be
interested in answering a short questionnaire.  If the List feels
this information would be helpful, I'd be glad to post it for
everyone.  Thanks for your help, in advance.
		Jeannie
--
Jeannie Grassi, RPT
jgrassi @silverlink.net