pure 5ths tuning

TrptPlayer@aol.com TrptPlayer@aol.com
Sun, 01 Jun 1997 20:46:17 -0400 (EDT)

I just returned from a Jim Coleman Sr. seminar where he showed us his tuning
using pure 5ths.   He tuned two S&S B's, one with a strict FAC tuning, one
with his pure 5ths tuning.  After playing 15 different short pieces ( Several
different people played) on each piano, and varying the order that the pianos
were played,  the pure fifths piano received  almost twice as many votes  as
the FAC tuned piano.  It was very enlightening, and I hope Jim relates more
of his results over time.   Thanks to the Austin, TX chapter for a wonderful
seminar and very pleasant experience.
Tom Thompson,  MPT
Ft. Worth