Using CA glue as a concrete foundation

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:52:15 +0000

Hi Barrie

you wrote:

> How strong is it will it take side pull of a Bridge pin on it
>
> I have got Birdcadge with a split bridge at the treble brake and the Key
> bed is in the way. the piano is not worth the effort of re-capping so

	Actually, Newton has beat me to to the reply, and I agree with all
he has to say.  Let me add that I find CA glue a poor gap-filler
unless you use some medium (wood flour or the like) to fill spaces
you need to bridge (pun intended). I just finished a bass bridge cap
that was cracking, but not enough to replace the cap. The filling
method I outlined worked very well. My previous repairs have not
come undone on other pianos, and I can say that this technique seems
to work fine on bridges.

Don't stick your fingers together...

Regards,

Rob Kiddell