Unique Upright Jack

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 01:51:31 -0500

----------
> From: Horace Greeley <hgreeley@leland.Stanford.EDU>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Unique Upright Jack
> Date: Tuesday, June 03, 1997 7:58 PM
>
> Richard (Moody) - do you still have contacts with orchestrion
> people?

	For on-line contact with orchestrion experts check this out.

"Send postings intending for the entire group to:

     rolls@foxtail.com

The editors reserve the right to reject postings or to edit them for
readability.

Send subscription requests, administrative, and private
correspondence to:

     rollreq@foxtail.com

Please check out our Web site at:  http://mmd.foxtail.com

Compilation copyright 1997 by Jody Kravitz.

A regular contributor, Craig Brougher has written a book about
orchestrions.  However I don't think the jack would be different, as
most were built from upright player pianos with organ pipes, and
percussion added with no modification to the piano action.  You just
have to take the whole thing apart to do any regulation.

	The MMD stands for Mechanical Music Digest and they cover ALL
aspects from midi to 18th century musical clocks.
	If you would rather not subscribe until you have seen an example,
please email and I will be happy to send a day or two of the digest.
Or check out the web site.

Richard Moody