piano truck

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 23:03:49 +0000

> From:          "DICK BEATON" <rbeaton@initco.net>
> To:            <pianotech@ptg.org>
> Subject:       piano truck
> Date:          Wed, 4 Jun 1997 22:52:01 -0600

Dick,

I would assume that the grand dolly is typical in that it has
the square, rotating holder for the bottom of the leg to fit
into?...You could consider a shim between the dolly bar/strut
and the holder (a longer machine screw would be needed)  I am
not sure what you would use for a shim...

> This may be a repeat
> A local theatre wants to place their Baldwin SD-10 concert grand on a
> standard piano truck.
> Problem is when the large double wheeled brass casters are removed, it
> lowers the piano too far by about 3 inches.
> Need  advice on how to compensate.  Lengthen the legs?  How?
> Dick RPT Montana

ilvey
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@a.crl.com