Repair and rebuilding

Sy Zabrocki only4zab@imt.net
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 22:49:49 -0600

List--from Sy Zabrocki
I was amused by this post from Susan Kline. She describes a situation where some tech suggests $1000 action work when all it needed was new hammer shank. At the end of the post Susan says Sheesh! That's even not a word--you couldn't use it in scrabble. Yet I knew very well what it means.

When a situation is so absurd, it's appropriate to say Sheesh! It works. Now I'll post another Sheesh.

I'm on a Lester spinet and the action rattles something terrible. All the hammer and whippen flanges are loose. While preparing to pull the action I notice all new plastic elbows. Oh yes, the lady says, another tuner put those on last year. He took the action home and kept it for a month. This guy stuffed the action back in without tightening action screws. Sheeesh! Also make sure the damper rod doesn' t squeak.

Sy Zabrocki--RPT