Answering Machines

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:19:47 -0400

Ted,

I am using a rather elaborate way, but it worked for quite a long time,
Iīve been following up to see if anybody else has anything like it. But it
seems not.

Whwn I am working, my answering machine is my computer, but when I go on
hollyday, I swicth to an answering machine (no point leaving the computer
on all that time ) the model is Panasonic KX 72740, Itīs a two line, two
message, remote answering machine. One of itīs features is that you can
program it once it answered, to call any number you want and pass the
messages to someone else. I program it to call a friendīs of mine office
and his secretary will pick up the mesages and call my clients to make an
appointment or let know my clients I am not in town. For emergencies she
has the phone of a colleague of mine that will cover me in special events.
And she also has my cellular phone, but I am glad to say that in six years
since I have been using this system she never had to call me personally.

Elian Degen      degen@telcel.net.ve