Answering Machines

Marcel Carey mcpiano@multi-medias.ca
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:44:01 -0400

At 12:44 97-06-12 -0400, you wrote:

>If your business is in the Yellow Pages, then poeple who call will assume it
>is a business, at a business address. When I used to run my business out of
>my house, I just left the message that I was on vacation, and for customers
>to leave a message and that I would call them when I got back. I never had
>any trouble with that.
>
>But why leave a message that you are on vacation. With today's communication
>technology, you can take care of your business where ever you go, or at least
>you should be able to take cae of business while on vacation. There are 3
>things you can do.
>"snip"

>Wim Blees RPT
>St. Louis

Wim & List,

The point of taking vacations is _not_ to think about our business for that
period of time. Even if the technology will allow it, I would rather loose a
customer or two than call my machine every three hours or have the beeper
wake me up while on the beach.

Vacations should be vacations.

Just my point of view.

Marcel Carey, RPT