Bluethner Key End Felt

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 20:07:12 -0400

Hi, Avery,

Unless you have a compelling reason to change what is there, I would
duplicate what the factory used as closely as possible.  l have seen
this configuation on older Bluthners and saw no reason to change the
felts because they were in good condition, unworn, quiet and functional.

If you have a problem with timing, like the wires are too short, then
you can change to a thicker felt.  Bear in mind that the levers will be
lifted higher than previously and may cause interfence with the belly
rail, the damper stop rail or springs on the levers.

If the felt is damaged from insects, coffy, coke, and other I would
duplicate as closely as possible.

Let me know how it comes out.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com