..the new guy gets inaugurated..

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:14:36 +0000

> From:          "Greg Newell" <gnewell@en.com>
> To:            "pianotech@ptg.org" <pianotech@ptg.org>
> Date:          Tue, 17 Jun 97 23:41:26
> Subject:       Re: ..the new guy gets inaugurated..

Hi Greg,

Your right I have missed something...I thought you were removing
the old elbows from the wippens...the problem with elbows that
don't just crumble when squeezed by needlenose pliers...now that
I reread your post I see your referring to removal of old elbows
from the rod and installing new ones...nothing to do with the
wippens...sorry!!!!!

> On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 09:15:24 +0000, David ilvedson wrote:
>
> >> From:          "Greg Newell" <gnewell@en.com>
> >> To:            "pianotech@ptg.org" <pianotech@ptg.org>
> >> Date:          Tue, 17 Jun 97 00:01:59
> >> Subject:       Re: ..the new guy gets inaugurated..
> >
> >I have my concerns about smoke, fumes being created by the torch
> >on this who knows what chemical contents "plastic" elbows.
> >Certainly do it outside!
> >
> >David ilvedson, RPT
> >Pacifica, CA

> David and list,
> 	The fumes are almost altogether absent. You may have missed the point in
> that you re heating only the rod and then it's removed from the flame and inserted in the
> elbow, held for a second and then on to the next one. VERY FAST!!!!
>
> 				Grg
> Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
> Greg's Piano Forte`
> Lakewood, Ohio 44107