unsubscribing

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:56:51 -0500 (CDT)

Jim Bryant's (FL) post:
>  ...When ptg.org became our server and effectively split the old
>pianotech line
>into two groups, i.e. CAUT and Pianotech, I made the conscious decision not
>to subscribe to the CAUT list.  My reason for not doing so was the seeming
>disdain for comments, that while meant in a collegial nature, which did not
>stick to strictly technical topics.  That is OK, if you do not enjoy
>companionable discourse mixed in with technical exchange. I do.  Therefore my
>decision not to subscribe to CAUT.
>  I can appreciate time constraints that affect us all.  But.... if the same
>attitude was applied to customers as applied here, i.e. "just the facts Mam"
>with no polite discourse I wonder where our businesses would be ?
>  If I have missed the point, or boat, please let me know.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

I guess you do have a point, or boat, or both.  Why, it's even possible
some of those subscribers on CAUT are simply viewed as just stoic
fuddy-duddyies or age-old fogeys with antediluvian ways , huh, Jim     :-)

Keith A. McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild