unsubscribing

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:17:38 -0400

To the list:

Antares wrote:

>Last year I became a subscriber to the Pianotech list.
>Through this rather unique forum, I have learned about many new techniques
and materials used on and for >piano's.
>I have also made new friends, and the contact with many piano technicians
in the United States, and in >other countries all over the world, has
widely broadened my horizon on our profession and enriched my >experiences
in general.
>Because we remain common earthlings (although some deserve "Divine"
status), it is understandable that >from time to time there is the
occasional dip or the some small uproar over personal or other trivial
matters. It >happened to me, it may happen to you...

>Nevertheless, this forum remains a pretty unique medium for the exchange
of knowledge,  experience, and >very entertaining contacts.
>I personally have had some very useful experiences in several factories. I
am almost 50 years old and have, >like many of us, some "piano years"
behind me.
>It is my opinion that we can >> never << learn enough, and that after many
years of tuning and repairing we >may suddenly discover that there is yet
another chapter to study and learn from.
>If we truly realize this, than we have not "missed the point, nor the
boat".

Congratulations Antares, Well said, I canīt put it better.

The only thing I feel I must add is that we are all toghether in the same
field and with many common interests, and  consider we should respect our
colleagues decisions, even if we do not agree with them.

Best Regards

Elian Degen      degen@telcel.net.ve
Piano Tuner and tech, Caracas, Venezuela.