plastic elbow question..

DICK BEATON rbeaton@initco.net
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:53:12 -0600

I just have to put my two bits worth in on the plastic elbow procedures...
First...dont use side cutters!  If they slip to one side you will split the
wippen!
Use flat long nose pliars with jaws the same width as the elbow.  File some
ridges in them if need be.
You don't need a TORCH!!  Just get a small soldering iron at Radio Shack.
It doesn't take much heat to soften it enough to pull it off the pin.  Pull
the remainder of the felt bushing off with your pliars.
To help save your back, put a blanket or something over the piano, pull it
away from the wall and tip it back against the wall.  You can then just sit
down in front of it cross legged and go to it.
Use those same pliars to break the old plastic away from the wire.
Dick..RPT  Montana  (Out in the boonies with the sheeeeeep hurders)