cleaning

Dave Swartz dms2000@PIONEERPLANET.INFI.NET
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 23:34:43 -0400 (EDT)

>Rob, I haven't heard of anybody bragging about how they really cleaned
>up a badly smoke damaged piano.  If it's thoroughly polluted, you pretty
>much have to live with it or use the procedures that work *sort of*,or
>find some pigeon to take it off your hands or tip it off the truck at
>the dump!  Or refelt everything.  Give them the choices and let them
>choose.
>
>Warren
>--
>Home of the Humor List
>Warren D. Fisher
>fish@communique.net
>Registered Piano Technician
>Piano Technicians Guild
>New Orleans Chapter 701

Warren and all,

        I'm not into bragging but need to point out many misconceptions
witnessed on this list. Yes, pianos can be completely cleaned, severely
smoked damaged instruments...sucessfully.  I do this stuff constantly...cat
urine, bird doooo, dog barf, Coke spillage, you name it. My work doesn't
just "sort of" work.  I guarantee it! How to and what products,
counteractants, methods, etc. all depends on the situation and other
important information that best describes the accident.  Because of the
length of article needed to describe the important facets of these
proceedures, I haven't undertaked the project as of yet.

        I strongly encourage those here on the list that desire assistance
to e-mail me privately with your situation and allow me to help in any way I
can.  Customer satisfaction is my primary concern, whether yours or mine,
keeping the piano playing public involved with their instrument, making for
a profitable business we all will realize.

Dave Swartz, RPT
dms2000@pioneerplanet.infi.net
IICRC Certified Odor Control Technician
Majestic Piano