Endust

Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:25:13 -0700

Richard,

In the spirit of keeping things clean...

Actually, I think it may be the carrier in something like Endust
that causes the problem, probably not the product itself.

I knew a technician (years ago) who would spend hours carefully
cleaning and polishing strings (bass and treble) - and then just as
carefully wipe them down with a rag moistened with
lemon oil polish...

Installed several sets of strings later, too...

Best.

Horace

At 09:58 PM 6/24/97 -0500, you wrote:

>----------
>> From: Horace Greeley <hgreeley@leland.Stanford.EDU>
>> To: pianotech@ptg.org
>> Subject: Re: oops! send apology;Hamburg Hammers -Reply
>> Date: Monday, June 23, 1997 11:25 AM
>>

>> After all, you just never know what effect Endust is going to have
>on piano
>> tone...
>>
>> Best.
>>
>> Horace
>>
>It kills the bass, at least that is what I think happened to a
>certain piano whose maid rubbed the strings with a cloth full of
>endust, or were the strings sprayed first? Or was it air freshener to
>kill cat urine odor? or perhaps a only a
>sneeze? Anyhow the piano was under warrenty, so they got a new set
>of bass strings.

Horace Greeley

Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu