Mystery?

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:04:48 -0700

Richard Moody wrote:

> Warren,
>         8 inch (shaft) would work.  The tip has to be about 1/18th.  It
> seems I can find 6 1/2 but that is 3/4 th too short.

Richard, the one I have has a 3/16th shaft that is 10" long.  The blade
was originally 1/4"  before I ground it down to 1/8".  There is one that
is similar in APSCO pg. 22 #15410.  The one I have came from an
industrial tool store.  They are called "cabinet" s/d's.

>         What do you mean fits in the hole of a screw inserter?

APSCO #16185 pg. 8  They call it a "screw holder".  It has a tube in the
middle of the top through which I insert this screwdriver to start
hammer flange screws in the action rail.  That way you don't lose screws
in the action.  You turn it in snug enough to keep it from falling out
at whatever angle you can get it in the hole, then remove the holder and
use your regular s/d to gently back the screw until it centers then snug
it up.

On most actions, if you have the action in a cradle, you can remove the
spring rail through one end to get it out of the way.  When you put it
back orient the springs so they point straight up then turn them into
position after you have it all the way in.

Good luck,

Warren

--
Home of the Humor List