ramblin' (tuning by pure 5ths)

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 06:57:20 -0500

----------
> From: Richard Moody  <remoody@easnetsd.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: ramblin' (tuning by pure 5ths)
> Date: Saturday, June 28, 1997 2:03 AM
>

> ----------
> > From: Richard Moody  <remoody@easnetsd.com>
> > To: pianotech@ptg.org
> > Subject: Re: ramblin' (tuning by pure 5ths)
> > Date: Friday, June 27, 1997 12:42 PM
> >
> > List,
> >
> > 	I have a beat chart on a spread sheet from Microsoft Works for
> > windows. It's set up to show the beat rates for 5ths 4ths 3rds,
> m3rds
> > m6ths and Major 6ths.
>
> > 	You can use stretched octaves, I have it for 2.004, which is what
> > Jim suggested for the pure fifths temp.
> >
> > 	Interesting to  note the actual beat rates in .001 numbers.  The
> > closest the fifths get to pure is .1 per second after A4 - A5
> > octaves.   .
>
> ********** * ** * * ** * * ** * ** *
> CORRECTION
> * * * * * ** * * * * ** * *** *
> The FURTHER from pure the fifths get is .1 per second after the A4
> -A5 octaves.
>
> I will post the fifth beat rates from C3 to A5, seeing is believing.
> rm
> Dear Richard,
Yesterday I tuned an "L" and used Jim Colemans stretch numbers for his "L"
and measured several intervals for several thirds and several 5ths for the
normal FAC and altered FAC.  I will send them this weekend when I can get
some free time.  I am interested in seeing the beat rates on the SS you
talk about.
 This scientific research eats up tuning time!

James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com