My research so far

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:02:47 -0500

Dear Warren and list,
Yesterday I tuned an "L" #334513 and took some measurements.  My measured
FAC numbers were
1.  Actual........................ 7.6, 9.5, 8.6.
2.   On Jim Colemans "L" they were 7.0, 8.5, 8.6.
3.  With Jim Colemans perfect
     fifth change method I used... 7.0, 9.5, 8.6.
Here is what I measured. Using (2) I measured C3 to G3   -0.9c
                                              C4 to G4  -01.5c
                                              C3 to E3  +14.5c
                                              C4 to E4  +14.6c
After this I switched by adding 1c to the A
in the FAC to go to #3                        C3 to G3   -1.2c
                                              C4 to G4   -1.6c
                                              C3 to E3  +15.9c
                                              C4 to E4  +14.1c
I guess I expected for the fifths to be closer to perfect.  At least I
expected that there would be more difference between the two tunings using
a different value for the A.  Maybe I am not testing these intervals
correctly?  I used the instructions in Sanderson owners manual.  For those
of you who have tried this are these figures in the ballpark to what you
have found.?  It is hard to try to fit this in a regular tuning situation
but not impossible.  I will try further on other instruments as I have
time.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Time is the vehicle in which actions can take place." JG