My research so far

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 21:27:44 -0700 (MST)

Hi James:

In my most recent attempts on my own Steinway L, I am now using 7.0, 10.5,
8.6 for stretch addition (mainly to the A4 number).

I have used this in working out the Aural tuning method which I published
earlier. The 5ths are purer now. Even tho' you can measure wider 3rds and
10th, as you listen to them, they are not really noticeable as to the
increase in speed. You will however definitely notice the increase in the
4ths and the octaves as you tune, but not when you play.

Jim Coleman, Sr.