How to adjust glocken in Steinway D

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 00:41:46 -0500

----------
I have analyzed the motion of a Model B plate in this area with the
coupling bolt both in place and with it removed. Both power and
sustain
measurably drop off when the bolt is removed. Tests with an
accelerometer mounted on the plate surface between the bolt hole and
the
hitch pins in this area revealed that quite a lot of energy was lost
the plate with the bolt removed. Replacing the coupling bolt reduced
the
amplitude of vibrations in the plate and brought back the power and
sustain back up to their normal levels.

What is an accelerometer?  Will it help me in my sex life, or is it
good only for the shop? SICR  :  ))
Wondering Richard