earplugs

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sat, 03 May 1997 12:28:08 +0100

Dear all,

Many years ago..... when I tuned in a factory environment.  There could
be three of us trying to tune,   we were just 20 ft apart.   I used an
ear plug called Billsons Prop,  It was made of fibre glass down,  a bit
like cottonwool, disposable.  They were incredibly effectrive in cutting
down background noise.   However, the only drawback I found,  from
prolonged wear, is that a build up of ear wax ocurred.  On visiting my
doctor he informed me because you are wearing the plugs for 7 hours or
more, your ears are warming up and your glands produce more wax.  This
meant I had to have my ears syringed on a yearly basis,  I wore the
plugs for about three years.  I haven't worn ear plugs for about 12
years now.  But I must admit on some ocassions I think I could do with
them.

Barrie.

In article <19970501.151913.3214.2.Lesbart@juno.com>, Leslie W Bartlett
<lesbart@juno.com> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |