capo file

FSSturm@aol.com FSSturm@aol.com
Sat, 03 May 1997 21:18:53 -0400 (EDT)

Bill Spurlock was just here in Albuquerque today, to give a one day seminar.
So I asked him about the capo file, and he said he had ordered them through
the guitar supply people - just asked them to obtain a different contour.
Unfortunately, their source seems to have dried up. According to Bill, they
no longer have them for guitar frets either, though they still appear in the
catalogue.

BTW, it was a great seminar. Bill went through a grand - a full day practical
demonstration of what one might do in a home or other setting, in terms of
setting priorities, and coming up with the most improvement possible in a
fixed time (in this case seven hours including talking and demonstrating).
Bill is truly a remarkable teacher and person. I know I have learned more
from him over the years (from articles, classes, tools he has made and
described, etc.) than from any several other technicians. Particularly, I
have learned the sort of things one uses on an everyday basis, and wonders
why one hadn't thought of that before.

So I am awfully sorry, as I think most of us are, that he has found it
necessary to withdraw from PTG.

Fred Sturm
Albuquerque, NM