ear wacks

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Sat, 03 May 1997 23:45:15 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 5/3/97 10:32:39 PM, Jeryy Anderson wrote:

<<Dave Barry has quite an affection for ear-candles for
this operation.  They may not be safe or efficient but I
understand they are quite spectacular.  I actually saw
a package of ear-candles once in a Parisian drug store.
If there are any pyro-technicians out there maybe I can
help you out!

Jerry Anderson>>

I have been using ear candles for the past two years.  It is spectacular how
well the ears get cleaned.  I have to sleep with a CPAP machine to treat
sleep apnea.  The wax in the ears can keep the pressure from equalizing when
the machine really gets going.  The only thing that cleans the wax out to
clear my eustachian tubes and equalize the pressure are ear candles.  I have
tried everything else.  It is scary how much wax comes out with ear candles.

Don't tell me it isn't safe, as my brother is a doctor.  He thinks it is a
pretty clever way to pull wax out of ears.  It looks weird to do.  But if it
works for me and is safe, I don't care.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota