used up pianos

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 04 May 1997 09:54:08 -0500

Dear List,
	Just Friday I tuned for a lady with an old Knight-Brinkerhoff upright.
When I was there  about 2 years ago the piano was shot: loose pins,
severely wobbling hammers, etc. It was so bad that I didn't even save her
3X5 index card for my file and deleted her out of my computer..  Here she
calls and makes a tuning appointment with me on last Friday.  When I got
there the house looked a little familiar.  Same problems except worse.
Nice house, nice neighborhood, nice lady, dead piano.  I tuned it once
again the best I could with pins that could not hold.  I realized why I
couldn't find her in my file of past customers.  I went through the same
litany as last time.  Maam, you are wasting your money with lesson, and you
are in danger of poisoning your kids musical future.  I talked for about 10
minutes I'm sure saying the same things I told her last time.
	I realize now that I am not as good as a salesman (putting across a
believable point) as I thought.  I lost, she lost, her kid lost, but I am
still $60 richer.  oh well.
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com