ear wacks

Vanderhoofven David & kathleen dkvander@clandjop.com
Sun, 04 May 1997 17:05:28 -0500

At 11:45 PM 5/3/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I have been using ear candles for the past two years.  It is spectacular how
>well the ears get cleaned.  I have to sleep with a CPAP machine to treat
>sleep apnea.  The wax in the ears can keep the pressure from equalizing when
>the machine really gets going.  The only thing that cleans the wax out to
>clear my eustachian tubes and equalize the pressure are ear candles.  I have
>tried everything else.  It is scary how much wax comes out with ear candles.
>
>Don't tell me it isn't safe, as my brother is a doctor.  He thinks it is a
>pretty clever way to pull wax out of ears.  It looks weird to do.  But if it
>works for me and is safe, I don't care.
>
>Tim Coates
>University of South Dakota

Dear Tim (and the list),

Someone once did an experiment to see how much of the wax came from the
ears and how much was burned wax from the ear candles.  He took an ear
candle and used it on a clean glass bottle with a small neck (like the
small glass bottles that flavoring extracts come in).  He got just about as
much "earwax" out of the empty bottle as he had gotten from his ears.

Anyone care to try it and report back?  :-)

Sincerely,
David and Kathleen Vanderhoofven

David A. Vanderhoofven       Associate Member, PTG
Joplin, Missouri, USA        e-mail:  dkvander@clandjop.com

web page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/
#pianotech page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html