Vestal Press Publications

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 05 May 1997 15:01:29 -0600

At 07:40 AM 5/5/97 -0400, Mark wrote:

>I attempted to get some information from Vestal Press on their piano
"...The Vestal Press was purchased by the University Press of America
>"Vestal Press titles will be available through your local bookstore and
>national bookstore chains (if you can't find the book you are looking

While I am delighted Vestal's wonderful titles will remain "available" there
are some things I'm going to miss. One is the aquisition of new titles to
reproduce as well as reprinting those that sell out. And will those nice
little under-$5 titles suddenly go up? The biggest thing I'll miss is there
won't be anymore wonderful Vestal Press Catalogues which have given me so
much pleasure over the years. I have always carried one in by tool case's
catalogue pocket and turning customers on to it has been fun. I'll miss that
a lot.

The upside of that is that old Vestal Press catalogues in good condition
will appreciate and might be worth good money someday. Old Lee Valley Tools
catalogues are already worth a fair bit to collectors and they're still in
business.

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com