V P Elections

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 05 May 1997 20:26:37 -0400 (EDT)

Bob, Dear Fellow
<<Why does Jim Bryant come out with such bitterness, against anyone who
disagrees with him?  Then, he accuses others of slander! >>

  I assume, if I may Sir, that you are speaking to my remarks re: M. Drost
and his candidacy.  I further assume that you feel it is justified for some
to make what some would consider  'slanderous' remarks, comments, or
statements but not others.
  That is the impression your post left me with.  In order that you and I
might be on the same page and talking about the same thing I am posting the
Am. Her. Ditc. definition of  "slander"..............
------------------------
slan-der (slan-dur) n.
1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's
reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.
-------------------------

Slander ?  Bob what have I said that fits the definition of slander?
Bitterness? Bob you may have me here because I do feel some bitterness toward
not only some of "those people" but also toward all of PTG for allowing them
to do what they have done, and are doing.   Michael has played this card now
for two years and all it has done is create hard feelings, anymosity,
divisiveness and polarization of a fine organization.  Bob if you aren't just
a little bitter about that,..................... I don't know what I can say
that will affect you one way or the other.
  I feel that it is our obligation to speak out when we see things happening
that should not be happening.  To sit idly by and just watch from the
sidelines is OK but if you care, you will get involved.   If "guts" is the
issue Mr. Mishkin need I remind you of who took a public stand last year at
Council ?  Hint, his name was not Mishkin.   I promise you this, I will
continue to speak out on the issues, and if the time ever comes I that I am
not willing to do so I will resign from PTG.

  If bitterness creeps into my posts I think, and trust them to, that the
list will let me know in no uncertain terms.  Part of the definition of
bitterness is an unpleasant taste and if you find some of my comments bitter,
perhaps it is because you know that you 'should' have an unpleasant taste
about what has transpired these last two years.  Perhaps from both "sides".

"state your points of view. and just debate the issues."
  Bob I thought that was what I was doing.  Please direct my attention to
what I have said that was not directed toward the issue/s.

"This major struggle, that surfaced in the council last year, is  not going
to go away easily."
  Bob this "struggle"  did not surface at Council last year it was at the 95
Convention and Council that it blossomed forth and who were the Architects ?
 Michael Drost and Collete Collier were the gardeners and they have nutured
and fertilized the dissension ever since.  They were repudiated at that 95
Council election because of their own actions and not the actions of anyone
else.  Where is the "Democratic Process" that Mike champions, as a goal of
his, when it was time to accept, by PTG standards an overwhelming, defeat and
get on with the business of PTG?

  The "GUTS" to buck the establishment Bob?  At the time this all started
Michael *was* the establishment, he was VP of PTG for goodness sakes.   The
charges he brought forth were against the very actions he: 1 .approved of, 2.
voted for, 3. supported,  4. helped formulate.  But he lost the election so I
suppose that changed everything he had done while on the Board, Huh?  "Guts"
Bob ?, such a vulgar term don't you think?  I much prefer intestinal
fortitude.  How about change the word from "GUTS" to integrity.  Does it fit?
  Enough of this.
Jim Bryant (FL)